Old 04-07-2016, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default laying turf on a stony slope

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 17:14:25 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

On 7/3/2016 4:46 PM, Bob F wrote:

I saw nothing in the O.P. to suggest it was a steep slope.

Personally, I would recommend planting seed rather than sod, but this
might not be a good time for either.

The last sentence of the main paragraph of the original message in this
thread read:
We won't be walking on it as its a fairly steep slope.

That's what I remember.... if too steep to walk it's unsafe to mow.
Pachysandra grows well on a shaded slope with poor stoney soil. I
like pachysandra as it's slow growing, non invasive, easy to contain,
nor does it climb like English ivy.