Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Deer and gardens

On 7/4/2016 11:23 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 7/4/2016 8:37 AM, songbird wrote:
Frank wrote:
I've had them on my deck, turned the light on, opened the slider and
yelled and they refused to leave.

Once sprayed them in the face with wasp spray jet to get rid of them.

This year, if wife is asleep, they are going to meet Mr. Pellet Gun.

deer, raccoon or skunk?

they hunt deer around here so it is rare they
come close the house here, but i have had some
winters when they've bedded down overnight about
20ft from where i'm typing.

my pellet gun will sound like a 22 if i use
the alloy ammo. every time i change ammo i have
to resight the scope. i'm looking forwards to
finding ammo that i can stick with all the time
as sighting it in takes time and pellets. it
will probably be next year before i run out of
the current batch and switch to the expensive
pellets i bought. then i have to use all that
up before i try something else...

it was nice before when i could get a one
inch group at 33yards (my previous air rifle).
this new gun isn't that accurate yet (still
breaking it in), but i also need to find the alloy
ammo that works the best. some rainy day i'll
have to look on-line at more reviews...

be careful and don't shoot your eye out!

songbird

What brand and caliber Songbird? There's two calibers IIRC, .177 and
.22. Mine is a Gamo Air Recon .177 with an air rifle suppressor built
in. Being that is spring operated it isn't that quiet but it gets the
job done within 20 feet maximum for my old eye's. The graduated iron
sights are fairly easy to dial in. I shoot from the back porch to the
back fence, about 18 to 20 feet.

I had an offer the other day to go back to gunsmithing but turned it
down. I closed my shop in 1982 and haven't looked back. There's two
things most Texan males seem to thing they know all about, guns and
women, and, in my opinion, they don't seem to understand either. G

Had not read your note when I responded to Songbird. Mine is .177 but
I'm not sure of the action. While I think it may be some sort of spring
it does not have a bad jolt which I hear strangely that some airguns
with a spring have trouble with a scope because of this.