Old 04-07-2016, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Deer and gardens

Frank wrote:
Had not read your note when I responded to Songbird. Mine is .177 but
I'm not sure of the action. While I think it may be some sort of spring
it does not have a bad jolt which I hear strangely that some airguns
with a spring have trouble with a scope because of this.

yes, the scope should be pretty rugged to hold
up to most air rifles. at least that is what the
dude at the store told me when i was buying the
previous gun. and considering the mounting that
had to be done to get it to stay put (it actually
never really did stay in place well) i can believe
it.

the mounting for the more recent gun is more
solid and it hasn't moved (except when i first put
the scope on and didn't use the set screw which
keeps it from sliding - after 100 shots the scope
was holding on by one set of grippers before i
noticed it was off. good laugh, but it explained
why sighting it in was taking so friggen long...).

songbird