Old 06-07-2016, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default When to harvest shallots?

George Shirley wrote:
Hell, Snag, we raised two kids to teenage in a 1450 square foot house.
Somehow, after the kids grew up and moved on, we seemed to need larger
houses. We've been from 1900 to 2200 square feet, current house is 1960
and seems small. Or is that all the stuff my artist wife stashes around
here. Not to mention my tool and lumber collection.G

does that include the garage space?

we're at about 1100sq ft here, not counting
the garage. it works for us as we are both
compatible enough. i'm sure some others would
feel it isn't enough space. could use more
storage space or better access to the crawl
space (where we could have a pantry and/or
root cellar). the main part is hexagon shape
so some spots are odd angled. the main bath
isn't even used and we should convert that
space into storage + a shower. eventually i
hope i can do some heat harvesting from the
sun and use that to give us hot water and a
boost for the winter days when we have some
sun...

songbird