Old 06-07-2016, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Tiny little bees?

"Chris Hogg" wrote

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

BobHobden" wrote:

When the sun is shining there are lots of tiny little bees that look like
miniature honey bees buzzing around in our front garden (S facing) I've
never seen such small bees before. Three weeks ago when weeding there I
got
stung 4 times on the knuckle, all swelled up over the next few days and
it
still isn't right and still hurts, coincidence? What are these tiny
little
bees? I would get a picture but they never stop wizzing about.

Dufourea minuta perhaps.

But rare http://tinyurl.com/ha2sthc

Some photos here.... tried video, absolutely useless.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57667882033444

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.