Old 08-07-2016, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Tiny little bees?

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote

"BobHobden"wrote:

On a Facebook group a couple of people have suggested they are Hoverflies.

Hoverflies are nothing like bees. They are a different shape to bees.
It's unusual to see more than one at a time.

That is exactly what I thought. Eyes seem wrong for Hoverflies, they don't
fly like one and there is a number, perhaps twenty, at a time, flying around
in the sun.

There is a similar Geranium bed in a garden over the road and I've noticed
they seem to stick to our garden, not seen any over the road and I have
looked. So they don't travel far unlike Honey bees.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.