Old 09-07-2016, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Tiny little bees?

Chris Hogg wrote:
There are all sorts of other insects that sting and bite. In our
garden we often get Flowerbugs, Anthocoris nemorum, which are
bloodsuckers. I know from painful experience that they can give a
nasty bite that will swell up and itch for several days, having caught
one or two in the act! http://tinyurl.com/hdb877k and
http://tinyurl.com/gsxq9jh.

I'm almost sure my mate was bitten by one of these earlier this week - we
were putting concrete post and panel fencing on a site which had become
quite overgrown with tall grass, nettles and other lanky weeds.

He has an itchy red lump on his arm and it's so swolen it looks like there's
a chestnut under his skin...thankfully, biting insects never seem to bother
me, except horseflies