Old 12-07-2016, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rain

On 7/11/2016 7:30 PM, T wrote:
On 07/10/2016 04:21 PM, songbird wrote:
Come on rain.

i'll hope it works for you there. we managed to finally
get an inch of rain the other morning. a few hours later
not a single puddle to be found. been nice to not have to
water for a change. should probably go out tomorrow and
give the veggie gardens a drink. better to keep this clay
evenly watered than to have to try to get it down to the
plant roots on a hot day when it is too dry. don't want
the tomatoes to get BER.

Not a sign of any rain here (Northern Nevada). Not even
a thunderstorm. Weeds don't like it, so there is an upside.
My favorite fishing pond is drying up, so their are numerous
downsides

We have several drinking water lakes around here, most are very large
and we can fish, swim, sail, etc. on them too. I grew up in an area of
Texas where you had to drill a well to get water as the rivers were
heavily polluted at the time. Mostly have been pretty much cleaned up
with minor exceptions, such as the San Jacinto River in Texas, look it
up online.