Old 12-07-2016, 12:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Janet Janet is offline

Default lawnmower: 41cm or 46cm

In article ,
lid says...

Hello,

Well my repairs to my lawnmower have not been particularly
long-lasting, so I am back looking for a new mower. I see that petrol
mowers come in 41cm or 46cm width of cut. That doesn't seem much of a
difference: is it? Which width is best to go for?

Depends on the size of your lawn and how strong your arms/back are; on
the wider machine you'll notice the extra weight when turning it at the
end of each row.

The reviews about self-propelled mowers seem contradictory. I think a
variable speed one would add more to the cost. Some reviewers say the
single speed ones are too fast; others say they are fine. What is the
reality in your experience?

I would always go for self-propelled. Compared with most men I have a
short stride but I haven't found single speed ones too fast for me.

Janet