Old 12-07-2016, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fruit conversations

On 7/12/2016 8:23 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from yesterday's
pickin' .

Our blackberry picking was over last month. We have about 25 pints, half
pints, and quarter pints ready for the thundering herd to arrive (grands
and great grands).

I'm checking the pears daily, just in case birds decide they want them.
I am looking forward to pear jelly, slices, and pear sauce this fall, I
hope.

We're looking at getting some domesticated dewberry sets this fall or
next spring. Have a nice place for them along the fence line. Those are
my favorite berries, ripen sooner than blackberries and are much
sweeter. It's a good thing we didn't move back onto ten acres, I would
be down in my back from planting "stuff."

Go slow on the jam Snag keep that sugar high down.

George