Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Rain

On 07/12/2016 10:12 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
We love our pepper mill, nothing like fresh pepper on anything. So far
we haven't had any problems, been doing it for over fifty years.

i love the taste of it on a lot of things too,
but i don't like what it does to the rest of me
besides the tastebuds. Ma gets blisters in her
mouth from it.

Picked a small bucket of crowder peas this morning before the really hot
time. Plus several cukes, sweet peppers, etc. All gone to the church
pantry today as we are swamped with the things. Might as well give them
to those who don't have much and need it.

i watered everything good this morning while it was
still cool enough. had sweat running down my back
from just standing in the sun. beautiful day. i will
be hiding inside for most of the afternoon reading and
taking it easy. later on i'll see how long i can weed
maybe 15-30 minutes at a time. we'll see.

the peppers are just starting to show up in any size
now, and the tomatoes about golf ball sized. a lot of
flowers. watering them good will help them set fruit
on the hot days. rattle those flowers.

songbird

So far I have one marble sized green cherry tomato.
:'(