Old 12-07-2016, 09:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Michael Chare[_2_] Michael Chare[_2_] is offline

Default lawnmower: 41cm or 46cm

On 11/07/2016 22:50, Tim+ wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Hello,

Well my repairs to my lawnmower have not been particularly
long-lasting, so I am back looking for a new mower. I see that petrol
mowers come in 41cm or 46cm width of cut. That doesn't seem much of a
difference: is it? Which width is best to go for?

The reviews about self-propelled mowers seem contradictory. I think a
variable speed one would add more to the cost. Some reviewers say the
single speed ones are too fast; others say they are fine. What is the
reality in your experience?

Thanks,
Stephen.

How long is a piece of string? Ultimately size is related to the amount of
grass you have to cut.

Personally I wouldn't bother with self propelled on a 16"/41cm mower.

Tim

I bought a 41cm rotary lawn mower with a rear cylinder that I have to
push. Because the lawn is not flat I have have wondered whether I should
have bought the self propelled version.

I use a Flymo at a different location. The Flymo is much lighter to move
about in all directions.

--
Michael Chare

---