Old 14-07-2016, 11:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default potatoes eaten in the group -- moles/voles

sawdustmaker wrote:
(most) everyone sezs that moles don't eat veggies. Well I've dug up a
handful of potatoes that were eaten by some underground critter. Our back
yard is a sponge because of mole activity. I'm assuming they've also gone
vegitarian since the potatoes are eaten and we've also had whole pepper
plants disappear cartoon style after transplanting. Just 4 leaves from the
top of the plant were left laying on the ground.

moles eat worms and grubs.

voles are omnivores, but favor plants/edible roots.

Any ideas on how to rid our big (~1 acre) back yard of the critters, or at
least purge them from the garden?

a few good hunting cats.

songbird