Old 17-07-2016, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Blight or Blackleg

"Janet" wrote in message
.. .

In article ,
says...

All allots have removed their potato haulms. I have 6 rows with :
Foremost,
Premier, Estima, Marfona and 2 x Accent. I've dug up the Foremost row and
got about 12 egg sized spuds from 12 plants !! My neighbour who planted 3
rows of King Edward got zero returns. He's hoping for better results with
6
rows of Casablanca. He's removed haulms on these also.

I stopped growing Estima because it started getting blight every
year. I now grow Nadine which is blight -resistant, and haven't had any
blight on it. It's also very tasty. This year I'm also growing
international Kidney ("jersey royal"), no blight on them either.

Thanks for that, as you see, I like to grow a large variety of spuds. The
problem is getting one online supplier to carry a large variety of
blight-resistant.

I did a bit of Googling for varieties and came across AHDB data base :-
http://varieties.ahdb.org.uk/varieties/index/J