Old 19-07-2016, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default zuke question

Hi All,

Two of my numerous zuke plants have very short stems and
small crinkly leaves. They are not growing much either.
There is no sign of squash bug activity.

This happens to at least one of my zuke plants every year.
Usually the one will start out normal, then lose its large
leaves and get these small crinkly ones. This time the two
started out that way.

Is this some kid of mite infection?

Would soapy water help?

Should I pull them out to keep any infestation from spreading?
Or leave them in, so the infectors will stay with the one plant?

Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T