Old 19-07-2016, 11:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default zuke question

T wrote:
On 07/18/2016 09:12 PM, songbird wrote:
sometimes in seeds there will be a few of a
slightly different strain to help with cross-
pollination.

You know what, the same thing happened to a big healthy
plant last year. All the big leaves fell off and I got a
stunted plant with stunted, shriveled up leaves

ok, pull it out and plant something else there
if you have the time.

capilary collapse?

(too hot and not enough water at the roots)
i recall your soil may not be particularly
deep and the weather pretty hot. some kind
of wind break may help moderate evaporative
losses from leaves.

for us we get the plants growing really well
and then some leaves get powdery mildew and
then the plant comes back and puts on new
leaves again.

i don't fight it or spray, what happens is
pretty much ok with me. life, nature, i try
to work with it instead of fighting.

dunno about mites. there are so many different
kinds, most harmless, some predatory on other
mites, etc.

songbird