Old 19-07-2016, 12:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default doing well

sunshine, not much rain, but overall the
gardens are humming along.

with six beehives in the neighboring field
almost any patch of flowers we have are beeing
harvested.

the heat has been in the mid-90s here or
there, tolerable to me as i don't go out in
the middle of the day. siesta and reading
works. most days we don't need the AC much
if we open the patio doors at night to cool
the house down. use it once in a while more
as a dehumidifier.

the patches i've been trying to weed are
fun, i have to water them several times if
i want to have any chance of getting the
shovel down far.

too hot to do much transplanting or heavy
work. watering, light weeding when i can get
to it. in a few more weeks the temperatures
will moderate. we should be starting in on
some tomatoes by mid-August.

cucumbers are busy now, peppers look to be
doing ok, well, everything looks to be doing
ok.

rains, that's our hope. we've gotten a few
more rains, but not enough to catch up or to
get the places i need it most down deep. moving
those trees in the late spring was really not a
good idea... they are doing well, but having
to water them to "be sure" they don't fry in
this heat is a waste of time i could have done
without. next time, i will be more firm and
say, "No, we're waiting until fall."

ok, enough meanderings from me, hope y'all
have a great day.

songbird