Old 20-07-2016, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Of mice and seeds

"David Hill" wrote

Got wondering about mice pinching pea and bean seeds after sowing, and
wonder if you soaked the seed in water with added minced garlic if the
smell would hide the smell of the seeds from the mice?

We tried the old trick of soaking them in parafin, made no difference at
all.
Our problem is once past the mouse stage then the pea and bean weevil
attacks. With both, this year all our 4x20ft rows of peas are gone. No crop
this year. What to do in future other than back to the gutters and leave
them in there for too long so they are strong enough to overcome the
weevils.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.