Old 22-07-2016, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bignonia capreolata virus

On 22/07/2016 13:22, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I have one, in the ground against a wall, and its young leaves have
been a bit yellow, but they have recovered. This year, it's damn
near chlorophyll-free. I have tried giving it Epsom salts, with no
effect, and have just watered in a lot of them. But I am pretty
sure that it is viral. Has anyone had this before, and is there
any hope?

http://i64.tinypic.com/14m56vb.jpg

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mine seems to do this some years, not sure what causes it, I suspect it
has a lot to do with light levels and temperature at certain times of
year. but they always recover.
Feeding seems a good idea, something high nitrogen may help it green up.

Could of course be viral but have never heard of any such problems
associated with them

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk