Old 23-07-2016, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default zuke question

On 07/19/2016 01:20 PM, T wrote:
On 07/19/2016 03:37 AM, songbird wrote:
for us we get the plants growing really well
and then some leaves get powdery mildew and
then the plant comes back and puts on new
leaves again.

Last year, that is what happened to one of my plants.
Big beautiful pant. It got the powdery milden
(I have copper spray for that this year), the leaves
dies off, and new growth came back. The new growth
came back with small shriveled leaves as described.
The plant never did recover.

I will extra water in case the plant is suffering from
too litter water and too much heat.

Hi Songbird,

I was looking at the leaves real close and they are suffering
from the start of the accursed power mildew. So I soaked
the plant yesterday in copper spray.

Today, it looks like it has 50% more foliage and is responding
to all the tender love and care its been getting. So
things are looking up for the guy. Will know for sure in
a couple of days.

That would make sense. Last year as I recounted, the power milden
nailed one of my pants real bad and the leave did the same,
crinkly thing.

On the other hand, I have one zuke that I transplanted from
the sprouting cups that has two little round leaves on it
the size of a quarter. Hasn't grown in two months.
Then again, it hasn't died either. Maybe I will get some
rice sized zukes off it!

-T