Old 23-07-2016, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default doing well

T wrote:
On 07/19/2016 08:53 AM, The Cook wrote:
zukes have given up & the cukes haven't done
much either.

I got one lemon cuke and it died in about two weeks.
I have never had much luck with cukes. One year got
about 10 lemon cukes. My wife and I devoured them.
But have had bad luck even since.

try burpee cucumbers, they've always done well
here. just have to keep them well watered when
it gets hot. we had cucumbers through the entire
growing season last year. picked half a bucket
yesterday from three plants and had given a dozen
nice sized ones to my brother about a week previous.
plenty of flowers and new cucumbers forming now
even when it has been 90+F.

hail damage to large leafed plants seems to punch
right through, but seems like the plants will
recover.

we just ate the last of our cooked and frozen
squash from last year. things look good out there
now. never know what you'll get until the harvest
is in AFAIAC, but planting a diversity of crops
seems to be the best way to make sure to get
something...

songbird