Old 24-07-2016, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris[_19_] Chris[_19_] is offline

Default Houseplants causing damp!

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:19:22 +0100, Big Les Wade wrote:

Chris posted
Greetings, gardening enthusiasts,

Does anyone know the best way to reduce dampness due to houseplants?
We've had such a rotten summer in my part of the British Isles lately;
the humidity has been horrendous (frequently around 90% or more for
weeks now) and the wallpaper is starting to peel in places.

Why do you think houseplants are causing the damp?

It's become noticeably damp in here since my girlfriend moved these
infernal plants of hers in. Were it not for the fact that it's so
incredibly humid weather wise as well I might well never have noticed and
it probably wouldn't have been a problem.
I don't know what these things are called, but they smell terrible and
look horrible; I cannot see what she sees in them. Well, that's wimmin
for you. :-/