Old 26-07-2016, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris[_19_] Chris[_19_] is offline

Default Houseplants causing damp!

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:30:43 +0100, Vir Campestris wrote:

That link is a bit of a mouthful. You can shorten amazon links like
this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RUDHZXU

THanks for that.

And it's a water plant? In a house???

AFAIK (but I'm NO expert!) there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.
HOWEVER, I've been doing a bit more research and it seems this species
has a terrifically high water demand, which implies it must belch loads
of water vapour out into the atmosphere. I'm guessing therefore that
there will not be an alternative plant hygroscopic enough to be able to
absorb all that vapour.
Surely to god they can be put outside and still survive perfectly happily
- at this time of the year at any rate??