Old 26-07-2016, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identifying a Clematis which does not flower

On 26/07/2016 10:23, David wrote:
I have a Clematis in a large pot which grows leaves each year but which
hasn't flowered within my memory (which isn't that long).

At the moment I am assuming that it is an early flowering variety and
isn't flowering because it is taking too long to start growing each year
(it is neglected - no winter pruning).

I assume that there is no easy way to identify this without a flower.

Cheers

Dave R

Try some leaf close ups and stem close ups, a shot of the roots if its
in a container would help as well (dont dig it up, just what hanging out
the bottom). It may not give a positive ID but I may be able to exclude
some groups.

Also details of when and how you have been cutting it back.

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk