Old 27-07-2016, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How to you properly nurture a pepper?

T wrote:
I give it extra water and extra fertilizer. But it is still
sad looking and not growing much.

if it isn't actively growing it should not
be fertilized much at all..

buying plants on sale. always risky as you
are getting the rejects. i could have been
dropped, fried in the sun one too many times.
the roots may be malformed. the potting soil
itself may not be all that good. etc.

How do I properly nurture a pepper plant back to health?
I WANT LOTS OF PEPPERS!

pull it out of the pot and inspect the roots.
maybe it is root bound or diseased...

could be a virus or fungal infection. never
really know without being able to dissect sometimes
so you have to go on intuition. and, well, it is
only a plant... some just don't make it.

songbird