Old 28-07-2016, 10:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default How to you properly nurture a pepper?

On 07/27/2016 01:55 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:19:20 -0400, songbird
wrote:

T wrote:
I give it extra water and extra fertilizer. But it is still
sad looking and not growing much.

if it isn't actively growing it should not
be fertilized much at all..

buying plants on sale. always risky as you
are getting the rejects. i could have been
dropped, fried in the sun one too many times.
the roots may be malformed. the potting soil
itself may not be all that good. etc.

At least 50% of my plantings each season are rejects, either from
nurseries, big box stores or groceries. I get a kick out of tending
them and have no worse luck than with my own seedlings or purchased
specialty plants.

So far, I am finding that "ugly" and "sick" are not necessarily the
same thing. All of the rejects I have pick up so far are doing well,
with the exception of the one pepper plant. Today, he looks a bit
better.

Man the free eggplant was ugly, but it is going crazy with all the
good loving it is getting!