Old 28-07-2016, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Hosepipe to fit these taps

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:15:56 +0100, Jim
wrote:

I'm looking at getting one of those hosepipes that curl up to almost
nothing (eBay item number 252476736643 for example) to hose down
something in the winter from salt on the roads, does anyone know what
kind of attachment is needed for these taps.
https://s26.postimg.org/nklgtpq0p/20160727_184515.jpg

Jim

A study of what is available on this page will give you some options.
http://www.hozelock.com/product-cate...ap-connectors/

But in my and I suspect many other peoples experience a hose connector
pushed onto a tap invariably ends up leaking a jet of water up the
wall ,on to the floor or keeps blowing of if there is any sort of
pressure to be useful. Get a proper tap with a thread ,known as a BIB
tap installed that a decent connection can be mechanically threaded
onto to. If you can DIY it then sourcing such a tap from somewhere
like screwfix or toolstation will be around the same cost as one of
those plastic tap adapters anyway.
Eg BIB tap with check valve £5.97

Hozelock round tap/oval tap adapter £ 5.99.

The tap will last and be easy to use.

The tap adapter will involve faffing around tightening a clip, and
eventually leak and fall off.

G.Harman