Old 28-07-2016, 02:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How to you properly nurture a pepper?

Boron Elgar wrote:
At least 50% of my plantings each season are rejects, either from
nurseries, big box stores or groceries. I get a kick out of tending
them and have no worse luck than with my own seedlings or purchased
specialty plants.

for us it is the matter of timing. by the
time veggie plants are on sale here it is too
late in the season for most of them (and what
we grow). also we don't make a lot of trips
to buy plants. we have the local greenhouse
that covers everything we usually put in.
the big box stores are all a further away (10
- 20 miles further).

we did get some extra perennial low growing
ground cover plants a few weeks ago from our
that local greenhouse, but with it being so hot
and dry lately we've kept them in the pots.
after it cools off a bit more i can cut them
into four pieces each and then plant them.

songbird