Old 28-07-2016, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default Box privet yellowing tips?

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:02:11 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:34:15 +0100, T i m wrote:

Lastly, I mentioned elsewhere I haven't added the (liquid) fertiliser
(yet) but according to the example on your link, a lack of appropriate
nutrients would tend to make the leaves turn more brown all over than
yellow at the tips?

From http://tinyurl.com/jm6gvky

"The visual symptoms of nitrogen deficiency mean that it can be
relatively easy to detect in some plant species. Symptoms include poor
plant growth, and leaves that are pale green or yellow because they
are unable to make sufficient chlorophyll. Leaves in this state are
said to be chlorotic."

Watering with a little dilute well-balanced fertiliser will do them no
harm.

Thank for that Chris, would you think the symptoms would have come
out so quickly if that was the issue.

I'd try it at half recommended strength to start with, say once
a month.

Ok. As mentioned my mate has requested the fortnightly use of a liquid
fertiliser and so that is due about now.

Cheers, T i m