Old 28-07-2016, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default Box privet yellowing tips?

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:09:02 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:02:12 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:02:11 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Watering with a little dilute well-balanced fertiliser will do them no
harm.

Thank for that Chris, would you think the symptoms would have come
out so quickly if that was the issue.

I might have missed it, but I don't recall you mentioning the speed at
which the symptoms appeared before.

Well, it was as if I watered them one day and they were all green
(leaves) and then a couple of days later they had these green tips to
maybe 25% of the leaves?

Not that I'd have been much the
wiser!

You and me both then! ;-(

Any chance of a picture?

Yes, I was due to go there today but didn't for various reasons (one
being that I didn't feel I should be watering them again for now). I
will try to get up there tomorrow, take some pics and report back.

Don't post it here directly, but put
it on an image-hosting site such as Tinypic and post the link here
(like I did for Worrizzit).

Understood. I'll probably just share them via my Dropbox account.

It may not help diagnose what's happening,
but you never know.

Well, I'm all for the 'a picture speaks 1000 words' and I think that
is especially true in this case.

Cheers, T i m