Old 30-07-2016, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Butterflies?

"David" wrote

Buddleia in full bloom everywhere but no butterflies on the butterfly bush.

However something is spawning caterpillars on virtually all my shrubs -
they are eating away the growing tips. Even going after the olive trees.

Sawfly?

I read that we had a butterfly shortage, but is Coastal Suffolk
particularly affected?

I've only seen a few here and mostly whites on the cabbages. One Red
Admiral, one Peacock, a few Brimstones and blues and a Meadow Brown.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.