Old 02-08-2016, 10:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default 'Maters !

In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Got 7 quarts cooling in the pressure canner as I type , looks like we'll
get one or two batches this size every week for a while . I'll be freezing
some of the San Marzanos for spaghetti sauce too . I better get off my butt
and get some shelves built in the cellar ... between the honey and the
veggies we're running out of shelf space inside .

If that suits your uses well, good enough. I'd just like to toss in a
word in favor of dehydrating them, which is what we do with the vast
majority of ours, but we are not big sauce-eaters. I think it ends up a
bit more compact (certainly lighter) as well. Someone will drop a
dehydrator off at the thrift store if you keep an eye out for it, or you
can get it the expensive way (I did that, and have since seen that I
could have saved a bit by having my eye on the other method.)