Old 03-08-2016, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default 'Maters !

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Got 7 quarts cooling in the pressure canner as I type , looks like
we'll get one or two batches this size every week for a while . I'll
be freezing some of the San Marzanos for spaghetti sauce too . I
better get off my butt and get some shelves built in the cellar ...
between the honey and the veggies we're running out of shelf space
inside .

If that suits your uses well, good enough. I'd just like to toss in a
word in favor of dehydrating them, which is what we do with the vast
majority of ours, but we are not big sauce-eaters. I think it ends up
a bit more compact (certainly lighter) as well. Someone will drop a
dehydrator off at the thrift store if you keep an eye out for it, or
you can get it the expensive way (I did that, and have since seen
that I could have saved a bit by having my eye on the other method.)

We have a dehydrator and I plan to use it for some of the tomatoes . We're
sauce eaters , she's already making plans for me (!!) to make this huge
batch of spaghetti sauce so she can can it . I want to do some pizza sauce
now that I've finally tweaked the recipe to suit us .
--
Snag
Made 3 batches