Old 05-08-2016, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default 'Maters !

On 08/04/2016 04:25 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:
On 08/03/2016 02:29 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:

Hi Terry,

So, how about your recipes ???

I am the cook too in the family. I love it when my
wife's ends her sentences with "... and I completely
cognisant of the fact that you cook!"

Live is good!

-T

Oh , and ot'll take me a day or so to write down a couple of my
best , but here's one for some fajita seasoning :
1 tbsp flour
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken bullion
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
I usually increase the onion and garlic powders a little . You can
delete the cayenne if you plan to use fresh chopped hot peppers
(serranos and anaheims are good) . I sprinkle some on the meat as
soon as it hits the pan , add enough to coat well when the meat's
cooked then add a dash of water . makes for a nice even coating of
seasoning on the meat . Of course it goes with out saying that there
will be onions and a little green pepper in with the meat ... and
seasoned rice and refritos on the side .

Awesome! Thank you!

Creole Seasoning
units can vary , how much do you want to make ?

2 measures onion powder
2 garlic powder
2 oregano
2 basil
1 thyme
1 black pepper
1 cayenne (or ground up dried serrano)
5 paprika
3 salt

and my favorite
SnagRub

5 onion powder
2 garlic powder
1 paprika
2 salt
4 chili powder
6 brown sugar
It will clump some if left standing , just shake it up .
This is the dry rub I use on my smoked pork butts and shoulders . It's
also good sprinkled on grilled skinned chicken or used as a "marinade" for
pork chops/steaks/country style ribs . The marinade is a couple of
tablespoons of white cooking wine to a quarter cup or so of rub with the
meat and all in a ziplock bag .

Awesome! Thank you!

What does your "chili powder" consist of? I have to use all
single spices to avoid sugar and excitotoxins. Also I have
to avoid anything from the coriander family (cumin, cilantro,
etc.) as my wife have a two step allergy to them (two steps
and she is dead -- scary stuff). I use Oregano in its place.
Not sure how well it does.

How about your tomato sauce recipe?

Would you be interested in my primal stock recipes or primal
pancakes or primal broccoli cheese soup?

I have great primal ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing
recipes too

-T