Old 05-08-2016, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default when to pick a pepper

Ecnerwal wrote:
Well, if it's a _Sandia_ pepper, you wait for a dark night, and go out
to see if it's softly glowing blue.

heh...

(Spent a little too much time in a lab wearing a dosage badge a long
time ago - that's a joke, I say a joke, son, and I neither like nor grow
peppers so I'm otherwise useless for your question) - I suppose there is
the question of whether this particular sort of pepper turns color
(probably not blue, nor glowing in the dark) when ripe.

if my lab days were writ in any color it would be
phosphor green.

at least after i graduated to using a terminal instead
of punched cards.

songbird