Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default My first cherry Tomato!

On 08/04/2016 09:03 PM, songbird wrote:

i don't use the term organically that often, but
consider it natural, traditional or even simplistic.

I personally think you are the absolute cutting edge
or organic farming. "When" we humans venture out into
space and grow our own food along the way, your
techniques will be solely needed. Out own planet
will be need your techiniques solely in the not too
distant future too.

Didn't know you had a cheering section, did you? No!
What did I just say??? I take it back.

What ??? Okay, maybe a little. What ??? Okay, okay,
maybe a lot. :-)

my own ideas are more in the line that if
something tastes like sugar then it is probable
to some extent that even the taste alone can
kick off bodily responses. so i tend to avoid
the sugar substitutes also.

True. Stevia is self limiting as more doesn't taste
sweeter. The YUK factor (tastes like gasoline)
stops you in your tracks.

I sometimes will use Stevia to try to trigger a response
to get my blood sugar down. It doesn't work very well.

I will not use any other sweetener. I think artificial
sweeteners are insane. Sucralose was actually a discarded
pesticide. Be fun to have listened to the conversation
as to who would taste it first. A lo of Diabetics use
Sucralose. I messes the intestines up (why yo get the
runs and how it killed bugs) and it keeps your satiation
switch from resetting to natural levels of sweetness.
As I said, insane.

-T

Sucks that the we lost Stormin home over on the repair
group. Breaks my heart.