Old 05-08-2016, 06:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default when to pick a pepper

On 08/04/2016 09:23 PM, songbird wrote:
Frank wrote:
Used to grow them and I am not an expert but there is nobody answering.
I recall you can pick them anytime but they might tend to get "woody" if
too old. It is nice to see color though just not go too long.

my lack of knowledge aside... you can sometimes
tell by heft if the pepper has much meat in it or
not (to avoid picking too early). yet this does
require at least some familiarity with the peppers
how they should be normally and the end goal (are
they for dry storage, pickling, etc.).

songbird

Uh Oh. I have only dealt with this pepper dried before