Old 05-08-2016, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default when to pick a pepper

On 08/04/2016 09:18 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
I have a Sandia plant (Chimayo or Mew Mexico Red) that is
about 12" all and now has two, three inch peppers hanging
from it.

I am concerned that

1) I pick it too soon and miss a larger fruit

2) I do not realize the peppers are as big as they are
going to get on a 12" tall plant and the plant will
think it is "finished" with its cycle and stop producing

When is it time to pick a pepper?

never grown them here. so you have more
knowledge and experience than i do...

what does google say?

are they grown for dried pepper/storage or
fresh eating or roasting or pickling?

songbird

Oh, you take them out of the peat moss cup and transfer
them to a bigger pot. Give them water and wait.

About as much help as attracting bird to eat nocturnal
earwigs.