Old 05-08-2016, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Please help me identify the following plants

On 8/4/2016 10:58 PM, Al Tprk wrote:
Hello all:

I have three plants that I am trying to identify.

Here are a few photos for them.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10146...CKTJ_Lqj96C0Tw

The first one has leaves like a birch, but it is much taller.

This might be a Chinese elm or a Japanese zelkova; these two are
somewhat related. What color does it get in the autumn? Equally
important, where is the tree growing? That is, what is its climate?

The second is a small plant with leaves resembling that of a taro
plant. It produces a cluster of small berries on a stem. They are
first green as shown on photo. Later they turn red.

Yes this is an arum. Try to get a photo of its flower. It might be a
calla lily, which is an arum.

The third is a tree with small dark fruits. I have three photos for it.

This one, I do not know.

Thank you!

--
David E. Ross

Perhaps it was a smart decision for Hillary Clinton to use her
private E-mail server while Secretary of State. According to
current Secretary of State John Kerry, we know that the Russians
and Chinese have hacked the State Department's servers. In the
meantime, a claim by the Romanian hacker known as Guccifer
(Marcel Lehel Lazar) that he hacked into Clinton's E-mail
server proved false.