Old 05-08-2016, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default what plant might I help to grow wild on the Isle of Lewis?

Derek wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 10:45:21 +0100, Derek
wrote:

Ideally I would like something like wild fuchsia.

Adding to my previous post, if you did want to use fuchsia, suggest
you take hardwood cuttings, one large bush could quite easily produce
a couple of hundred cuttings, taken in September, 4" long, plunged
into the ground, left to next spring and you may be pleasantly
surprised how many will have rooted, ready to be moved on to your
plot.

Lincoln and District Fuchsia Society

Hi Derek, a couple of my fuchsias aren't doing too good while others are
going berserk, they've all had the same treatment, feed, water, piching out
etc.
Three from six of my Sir Matt Busbys have all but died - they all started
off with a profusion of flowers and I've been dead-heading them all the
same, three have stopped producing while the other three are producing even
more.

one of them has battered and bruised leaves, as does another completely red
fuchsia that I don't know the name of, the leaves appear to have been shot
with a shotgun, thousands of tiny holes, some joined to other holes. I've
checked for pests and can't see any