Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Crop Rotation for Pumpkins

On 8/6/2016 1:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
I cleared an area last year for pumpkins and winter squash and got a good crop out of it. I'm using it for the same crops this year and they're doing well so far. Would it be ok to plant the same there next year? I till in a lot of compost each year before planting and fertilize the area but I'm worried about bugs or disease if I keep planting the same thing over and over.

Paul

Looks okay to me Paul, as long as you get the compost in. Those two
don't eat all the goodies out of the earth like corn and other crops do.