Old 08-08-2016, 07:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Al Tprk Al Tprk is offline

Default One more plant to identify

On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 10:16:46 PM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/6/2016 8:29 PM, Al Tprk wrote:
Here is another plant to identify:

https://plus.google.com/101467498787...ts/TWMsSGqF1qR

What I am wondering if it has invasive roots. I would like to take it
our of the plastic container and plant it in the ground.

If it matters, I am in San Jose California USA

That is some kind of succulent, possibly a small variety of agave. No,
I do not think you need to worry about invasive roots.

However, you do need to worry about drainage. Most succulents require
excellent drainage. The soil should never be wet. It can be very
slightly moist most of the time and more moist on occasion.

--
David E. Ross

Thanks! I don't see much water accumulation around my other succulents but I'll keep an eye on the ground around them.