Old 09-08-2016, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Canary Island Palm

I've got this canary island palm that came up wild near the property line. I didn't realize it would get so big so quickly. I'd like to leave it there,because it's a good divider between the yards unless I'm risking damage to a block wall. The trunk is now about 2-feet diameter and about 6-12 inches from the wall.

I know some types of trees have roots that grow near the surface and could do damage but I have no experience with this type of palm.

Anyone know if keeping it is a risk to the wall?

Next question.... I have read that some people will pay big bucks to come and dig these canary palms out and move them. Any truth to that?