Old 18-08-2016, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default should I pull a sick zuke?

On 8/18/2016 1:53 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I have a zuke with short stems (1 to 2") and brittle
yellowish leaves. Its leaves crack in half if you
attempt to look under them for squash bug eggs.
It isn't growing either.

Should I pull and toss it in the bin, such that whatever
is infecting it does not spread to the other plants?

I ask as I know it is not a good idea to have dead
animals kicking about but don't know if that
applies to plants as well.

Many thanks,
-T

Toss it, it's dying anyway, plant another one.