Old 19-08-2016, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default should I pull a sick zuke?

George Shirley wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

I have a zuke with short stems (1 to 2") and brittle
yellowish leaves. Its leaves crack in half if you
attempt to look under them for squash bug eggs.
It isn't growing either.

Should I pull and toss it in the bin, such that whatever
is infecting it does not spread to the other plants?

I ask as I know it is not a good idea to have dead
animals kicking about but don't know if that
applies to plants as well.

Toss it, it's dying anyway, plant another one.

yeah, if you are going to use the space for
something else.

too late to plant anything here other than quick
cover crops or a few peas if we get lucky with the
frosts.

songbird