Old 20-08-2016, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default should I pull a sick zuke?

T wrote:
Toss or plow under? I do not know if it would
spread disease if I dug it under.

you don't even know if it was diseased, perhaps
it didn't develop right... this is where having a
diverse soil community is your biggest helper.
they are the cleanup crew and break it down.

diseases are always present, there are millions
or billions of different kinds of bacteria, fungi,
virii, phages, prions, bugs, etc. which doesn't
cover physical defects in the plant itself or
mutations which can happen...

i think of annuals as fire and forget plants.
not every one is going to make it, plant a
diversity and that helps improve your odds of
getting some harvest. also the diversity also
helps in terms of using different soil nutrients
and even perhaps different layers of the soil.
plant divsersity also encourages diverse bug
populations.

I have some tomatillos I could transplant.

how many days do they take?

Got my first three baby eggplant fruits! They weren't
there yesterday. Today I have three of them! Uh oh.
Now I am sounding like a proud parent.

songbird