Old 21-08-2016, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default B&Q compost

On 21/08/2016 10:17, Stuart Noble wrote:
A big thumbs up for the current general purpose compost from B&Q. No
sign of their own brand in my store but this one, marketed as Verve, is
fine and crumbly, and not full of twigs. Lovely pale colour too. A big
improvement on the old own label stuff.

Not my experience with this. Verve is their own brand and has been in
the large store close to me for many years.

I guess that they sell so much of it that the quality changes with each
batch. The stuff I purchased earlier this year was full of twigs, bits
of plastic and, judging by how many weed that appeared within a week,
still full of weed seeds.