Old 24-08-2016, 03:09 PM
gadwall gadwall is offline
Registered User

Default Why doesn't my Spindle bush have berries?

Hi - I'm a newbie living in Hertfordshire. A medium sized garden mostly lawn with a few trees.

My partner struck two spindle bushes with cuttings from a local field. This was about twenty years ago and although they grow very well, and have very small creamy colour flowers, berries are almost absent. I say almost because every few years there will be one, maybe two, berries.

Is there something we can do to encourage berries?

Many thanks
gadwall