Old 26-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Paul_j_g Paul_j_g is offline
Registered User

Damian

A long time since you posted the qestion and i cannot see that anyone offered a solution. I have a similar sitation. I don't like stepped but think that is what I'll end up with

What did you do?

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian75 View Post
Greetings all!

I would like to ask peoples opinion on this pergola I'm building, I have all materials ready and have my 2 ft holes dug out. I'm just in a little dilemma as the garden slopes down along the run that the posts are going.

I am running 4 posts in a line along the neighboring fence, to break it up and get some greenery growing up them. The first two post will have horizontal beams leaning to the house as shown in the attached plan.

however as the garden slopes away from the house (about 2ft the length of the run) I am unsure if I should slope, step or have the cross beams level like in the second picture. At the moment im leaning towards stepped but would like to know what others think.

Thanks everyone!
Damian