Old 28-08-2016, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default over winter crops?

T wrote:
Grains are toxic to me. Anything I can eat?

arid climate cover crop. hmm... tepary beans.
supposedly there are recent cross-breeds available
with other common beans so they are more edible.
i've never actually grown tepary beans here as we
are pretty wet here most of the season.

so i don't know when these would be planted.

pretty much any crop i would grow as a winter
cover crop would not be for eating, but to hold
soil, moisture and nutrients and to keep the
soil covered through the winter season. to be
turned under in the spring.

songbird